Monday, June 2, 2008

Isaac's new carseat!


If you didn't already know, I will go ahead and tell you. I am a closet carseat safety NUT! I figure the most dangerous thing I do most days is strap my kids in a 2000 lb. weapon and go cruising, putting every last ounce of my trust into all the other drivers out on the road. Ok, I'm not really THAT paranoid...but I do try to keep my kids as safe as I can!
The current laws in Illinois are fairly strict, requiring a rear-facing carseat for infants up to 20lbs and a carseat for all kids under 80lbs and 4'9" (generally 8 years old). I have done some research and because my boys love NASCAR, we all know that the 5-point safety harness is the safest!
This is Isaac's new carseat. It is a Graco Nautilus and it will keep him harnessed until he reaches 65 lbs. or 57" (at which time he will be in a booster until I feel he's safe enough to sit in a regular car seat-belt) Isaac **LOVES** his new carseat!! He thinks it is very comfortable and he just loves laying his head on the little side-wings for a bit of shut-eye! Lucas is quickly outgrowing his carseat, so he will be getting a new carseat too, stay tuned!!

No comments: